Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sarkkozy and Obama

It's good to know that some things never change! Today, I've been much amused by a slight faux pas committed by French president Sarkozy. 


" I cannot stand Netanyahu, he's a liar," Sarkozy told Obama. 

"You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you," Obama replied. 

LOL! Who cannot feel for those two who have to deal with Netanyahu and his idiosyncratic political decisions on a daily basis. Although my heart is more with the Israelis and Palestinians who actually have to live with his decisions. One of the first Hebrew sentences I consciously managed to decipher while riding a bus in Israel was:  ביב? עושים בשירותים. This lovely epitaph--Bibi? That's what you do in the toilet--had been written into the dust covering a bus stop, in the midst of a slew of suicide bombings that had propelled Bibi back into power. Sadly, though, there seems to be no consensus on either side, and no leadership. While every Israeli I know is fed up with Netanyahu, no other leader has managed to seriously challenge him. Until then, I guess, we'll have to live with him. 

No comments: